Banks in Nigeria are financial institutions licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry out financial obligations such as receive deposits and make loans. Many is the below lists of banks in Nigeria also carry out such obligation. Before going into more in-dept on the list of banks in Nigeria, let us define bank.
What is a Bank
In the financial world, a bank is a secured place where valuables are stored. It is a place where people keep money, gold and other valuable item; it is also a place where people go to seek for loan and/or any form of payment advance when needed.
Read more on – Banks in Nigeria
Getting to the root of our discussion, the following are the license commercial banks under the wings of the Central Bank of Nigeria arranged in alphabetical order. The banks below are also referred to as Money Deposit Banks.
List of Banks in Nigeria
- Access Bank Nigeria – Plot 999c, Danmole Street, Off Adeola Odeku/Idejo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos , Nigeria. Website: accessbankplc.com
- Citibank Nigeria – 27, Kofo Abayomi Street, Charles S. Sankey House, Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos. Website address:
- Diamond Bank – Plot 1261, Adeola Hopewell Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. Website: diamondbank.com
- Ecobank Nigeria – Head Office, 21, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos. Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Nigeria – 2, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- First Bank of Nigeria – Samuel Asabia House, 35 Marina, Lagos.
- First City Monument Bank – Primose Towers, 17a, Tinubu Street, Lagos.
- Guaranty Trust Bank – 635, Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Heritage Bank plc – 292b, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Keystone Bank Limited – Keystone House, 1, Keystone Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Providus Bank plc – Plot 724 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island – Lagos
- Skye Bank – 3, Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Limited – IBTC Place, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Standard Chartered Bank – 142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Sterling Bank – Sterling Towers, 20 Marina, Lagos.
- Suntrust Bank Nigeria Limited – 1, Oladele Olashore Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Union Bank of Nigeria – Stallion Plaza, 36 Marina, Lagos
- United Bank for Africa – 57 Marina, Lagos
- Unity Bank plc – Plot 497, Central Business District, Abogo Largema Street, Abuja.
- Wema Bank – Wema Towers, 54 Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos
- Zenith Bank – Plot 84, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Apart from the banks above being a deposit money taking banks, the also provide loans to their customers at a competitive interest rate.
Read more on – How to reduce bank charges in Nigeria
As we have banks that lend money to customers with interest charge on the loan, we also have banks that do not charge interest on loan
It may also interest you that we have different categories of banks in Nigeria apart from the below.
- Jaiz Bank – Kano House, Plot 73, Ralph Shodeinde Street, Central Business District, Abuja
Microfinance banks in Nigeria
The list is quite a lot
- Coronation Merchant Bank – St. Nicholas House, 6th Floor, 28A, Catholic Mission Street, P.M.B 12511, Marina, Lagos.
- Rand Merchant Bank – 12th Floor, Churchgate Towers, 2 Plot PC 31, Churchgate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
- FBN Merchant Bank Limited – 2, Broad Street, P.O. Box 4238, Lagos.
- FSDH Merchant Bank – UAC House, 5th-8th Floor, 1/5 Odunlami Street, P.M.B 12913, Lagos.
Foreign Bank Representatives
These are bank of foreign countries that operates in Nigeria.
- Barclays Bank plc
- Deutsche Bank
- JP Morgan
You may be interested in – Prepaid Cards in Nigeria as an alternative to debit cards.
This published list of banks in Nigeria is correct as at the date published. The above information will point us to the right contact information for each bank.